In conjunction with the Commemorative Events Committee for Saltash and to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the end of WW1 we are hosting creative workshops for local children to make their own poppies.
The poppies will be created using empty plastic bottles and straws and displayed in the Peace Garden in Alexandra Square to celebrate the Silent Soldier statue being unveiled on the 4th August and also in shop windows in October 2018 to celebrate the anniversary.
- We will not charge for these creative sessions but will ask children to bring their own empty small plastic water bottle that we can recycle.
- We will also ask for a 50p donation if you would like to donate to the Commemorative Events Committee, to help fund events being held all over the town. This is a voluntary donation.
Our creative sessions will not just teach the children about celebrating our great history, they will also encourage recycling and reuse of plastics plus creativity.
Our sessions are very limited so if you would like to book please text Danielle on 07580083083
Sessions for the August poppy display run:-
- 3pm on Thursday 26th July SOLD OUT
- 10am on Tuesday 31st July SOLD OUT
- 10am on Thursday 2nd August SOLD OUT
Sessions for the October poppy display run:-
- 4pm on Tuesday 11th September
- 4pm on Thursday 20th September
- 4pm on Tuesday 25th September SOLD OUT
- 4pm on Thursday 4th October SOLD OUT
Please note you will need to bring a small plastic water bottle to your session but Truly Scrumptious are donating the plastic straws, paint etc required and use of their staff and workshop room. Please book onto a session, walk ins will not be accepted as we do need to ensure we have the correct amount of equipment needed per workshop.
We are also asking local children to create poems which we will display at our events where possible! If your child would like to submit a 6 line poem, featuring their feelings on WW1 then please pop them into the Truly Scrumptious Sweet Shop with their name, age and a contact telephone number and email address for their grown up before the 30th September.